How do I install this plugin and theme?
Take a look at the Installation Documentation.
My site is fully accessible after I installed Leiden and Genesis Accessible?
Ah, if only life was that simple… Not only the theme, also the content you add to the website should be accessible. So here are some tips to keep your site accessible:
- Always provide a meaningful short alt text for images
- Never fill out the title attribute when adding links
- Keep your headings hierarchical and use your HTML meaningful
- If you add your own colours to the CSS, check the contrast with the Colour Contrast Check by Jonathan Snook.
- If you want to know more about how to keep your site accessible, on Make WordPress Accessible there is a list of useful tools and what to look out for if you want to make your theme accessible.
Is this theme/plugin available in a different language?
The available languages are on the WordPress repository. If you would like to help translate Genesis Accessible to your language, submit your translations on the repository.
I have WP-accessibility installed, is that a problem?
Not at all, WP-accessibility is an excellent plugin by Joe Dolson and you can run both plugins together, just select from each plugin the settings you want. Read more about compatibility of WP-accessibility and Genesis Accessible.
I have Genesis Accessible Dropdown Menu installed, is that a problem?
Genesis Accessible checks if Genesis Accessible Dropdown Menu is installed and skips its functions. You can uninstall and remove Genesis Accessible Dropdown Menu therefore if you use Genesis Accessible.
Tell me more, resources on accessibility and WordPress
- WordPress.org, main site
- Make WordPress Accessible, the official blog for the WordPress accessibility group – dedicated to improving accessibility in core WordPress and related projects
- WordPress Theme Handbook on Accessibility
- Useful tools to help with theme development
- Codex Accessibility page, documentation for users
- Plugin Tag Accessibility on the plugin
- Accessible theme patterns on GitHub
- Accessibility WordPress Support, information on what accessibility means and how to improve your site
- Accessibility tickets on the WordPress core trac
I can’t find my questions
Ask them in the WordPress plugin support forum.