Download Genesis Accessible 1.1 from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
What’s new in this update of Genesis Accessible?
Version 1.1 fixes the bugs in the skip links, has an improved HTML5 outline and has changes to comply with changes in Genesis version 2.1. Since the release there was a lot of feedback from users and developers. Gary Jones contributed with code, discussions and suggestions. Bram Duvigneau did screen reader testing. Genesis and WordPress have also been busy removing title attributes from links, so that’s a part of this plugin that’s getting almost redundant (yes!). Most important change: Add a H1 title to an archive can now be done via Dashboard → Posts → Category → Category Archive Settings.
So what has changed?
Support for Genesis 2.1
- In the new Genesis version adding H1 headings to archives is now included in Dashboard → Posts → Category → Category Archive Settings
- removed some redundant filters for deleting the title attribute from links.
- Removed jump to search from skip links, because of the unique id per widget, there is no way to add an anchor to the skip link
- Removed .search-form and :focus from genwpacc-skiplinks.css. This is actually not plugin related but theme related and available in child theme Leiden
- Fixed css and js links (double //)
- Renamed classes prefix skip-links to genwpacc for consistency
- Moved skip-links inside the header to improve the HTML5 outline
- Moved the H2 Main navigation inside the nav class=”nav-primary” to improve the HTML5 outline
- Rewrite dropdown JS to use module pattern, props to Gary Jones
- Added an H1 on the Blog template and the author archive
- Hebrew translation by Nir Rosenbaum
To-do-list for future versions
- There is still a title attribute on the link to a post around a thumbnail in an archive. Changing that I hope will be easier in Genesis code itself.
- ARIA Landmarks
Do you like this plugin? Please rate it on the WordPress plugin Directory or donate, to buy me more time for research and development. Are you missing functionaliteit to make the framework more accessible? Have you found a bug or do you have a question about the plugin? Please post your request or remark on the Plugin support forum.